See the great Pug Pictures!  And post your own!Shop Fun Pug Stuff!
Pug Snorts Forum
We are a FREE community for pug dog lovers! Currently on hiatus.

Gallery      Home      Shopping
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pug and Loose Teeth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pug Snorts Forum Forum Index -> Ask a Pug Pal
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nia
Potty Trained Pup
Potty Trained Pup

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:17 am    Post subject: Pug and Loose Teeth Reply with quote

Our 4 year old pug, Mylo, seems to be losing his adult teeth! He's already lost 2 of his bottom teeth and two more are loose, it seems to only be his bottom teeth so far. It doesn't seem to be causing him any pain, we hope not anyways but he's been chewing all his denta bones and raw hides fine and when we touch his teeth, he doesn't react like he's in pain. Has anyone's pug had this problem? I do have to admit that we've been very bad and have not been brushing his teeth like we should be on a daily basis.

Mylo eats dry dog food so he hardly eats any soft foods if any. And ever since Mylo was a pup, he barely chews his food and just swallows it whole but we never thought anything of it.
waschaf
Pug Fanatic
Pug Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you had Mylo in for a dental check up with the vet? Its possible there could be some gum disease going on if not it sure isnt normal to lose that many teeth at such a young age
Anya
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Nia... That's very odd. Last summer Laura/sapphirepanther posted about her 4 year old pug's teeth breaking and also falling out.

http://www.pugpups.com/pugsnorts/viewtopic.php?t=3662

Do you know if baby teeth were crowding his mouth? If so, maybe something has finally had to give in his mouth. Please let us know what the vet says... Four years old is very young for teeth to fall out, I think.

Click here for some of my wonderful foster 'kids'
sapphirepanther
Potty Trained Pup
Potty Trained Pup

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a pug who comes from the same breeder as Mylo. She is five and has also lost some teeth. Both of her upper canines are gone. I wonder if it is a genetic problem?
Anya
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they're from the same breeder, then that would be a strong suspicion with me (that it's a genetic component). How closely related are your pugs?
judy
Pug Fanatic
Pug Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nia,,have you been to the vet? any new ideas on what is going on,,hoping for the best,,,,judy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pug Snorts Forum Forum Index -> Ask a Pug Pal All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: